- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Is that Jennifer Lawrence?
The Hunger Games actress debuted a new look at the Toronto International Film Festival on Saturday that made her nearly unrecognizable.
Lawrence walked the red carpet for the premiere of her new dramedy Silver Linings Playbook with a sleek, straight new ‘do, bright red lipstick and black-polished fingernails. She also wore a strapless black and red Christian Dior Haute Couture gown and black Dior shoes, which Yahoo Movies’ Movie Talk blog noted was “somewhat gothic” and that the whole look, despite being “amazing and elegant,” was “significantly more severe” than she’s appeared before. (Contrast that with last year’s Oscars, where the actress appeared with wispy bangs and blonde waves, au naturel makeup and a bright red gown.)
In Silver Linings Playbook, from writer-director David O. Russell, Lawrence plays Tiffany, a widow depressed over the death of her cop husband who crosses paths with Bradley Cooper’s Pat, a former high school teacher just released from a psychiatric facility.
The cast also includes Robert De Niro, Jacki Weaver, Anupam Kher, Chris Tucker, Julia Stiles, John Ortiz, Shea Whigham and Dash Mihok.
Silver Linings Playbook hits theaters Nov. 21.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day