- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jennifer Lawrence made a surprise visit to Kosair Children’s Hospital in her hometown of Louisville, Ky. on Dec. 23. This marks the second year the actress has dropped in at the hospital to spread some holiday cheer to patients and staff.
On Facebook, the hospital shared a few pictures of Lawrence and the message, “Jennifer Lawrence stopped by Kosair Children’s Hospital today. Thank you for bringing many smiles to the patients before the holidays.”
Many more messages of gratitude for Lawrence’s compassion and Kentucky pride followed. One parent of a child who will have to spend Christmas at the hospital wrote of her child on Facebook, “He thinks he’s famous now lol!!! … Meeting Jennifer Lawrence and being a news story he’s super excited about that.”
Another message read simply: “my KY girl. Just a southern girl. Big heart.” And another Facebook user (obviously not a Louisville Cardinals fan), noted another JLaw holiday tradition of supporting the University of Louisville Cardinals basketball team: “Even though she cheers for a terrible collegiate team she seems like a good person.”
From the smiles on the kids’ faces, it looks like they agree.
See the photos below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day