- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Every year, we talk about the glitz and glam surrounding New Year’s Eve as though it’s going to be the most magical day of our lives. The parties! The booze! The outfits! More booze!
And though the night is usually decent enough to squeeze out a couple of good Instagrams, the experience itself never quite lives up to the hype we build up during those dormant days between Christmas and December 31.
No one knows this better than truth-telling celebrity Jennifer Lawrence, who basically described our collective New Year’s Eve experience while shooting The Graham Norton Show’s New Year’s Eve special.
“I really hate it,” said the Joy starlet. “I’ve never had a good one. Everyone’s chasing a good time and it’s always a disappointment. I plan on doing nothing and then if something lands in my lap… but I always end up drunk and disappointed.” The 25-year-old jokingly added, “Drunk and Disappointed should be the title of my memoir!” (We’d totally buy it, J. Law. Just saying.)
So if a dud of a New Year’s Eve gets you feeling blue this Thursday, just remember, somewhere out there in the universe, Jennifer Lawrence is probably feeling the same way.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day