- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Fox film, an adaptation of the Jason Matthews espionage novel, follows a Russian intelligence officer (Lawrence) who is ordered against her will to become a “Sparrow,” a trained seductress, and to operate against a young CIA agent who handles the agency’s most important Russian mole. Joel Edgerton also stars.
The first trailer shows Lawrence as a beautifully dressed ballerina who is injured onstage.
A brunette and bangs, she’s recruited to be a spy in Russia, taught psychological manipulation and how to sexually manipulate men.
“When we are finished with you the person you were will no longer exist,” says Charlotte Rampling, who plays Lawrence’s character’s instructor. The tense trailer shows flashes of Lawrence’s character with her hands covered in blood as well.
The Hunger Games helmer Francis Lawrence is reuniting with Lawrence for the Chernin Entertainment and Fox film. Justin Haythe wrote the script. The film opens Nov. 10.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day