- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Clothes worn by Jennifer Lawrence in Silver Linings Playbook have fetched a whopping $12,000 at auction in the days following her Oscar win for best actress, far exceeding the expectations of a Los Angeles auction house.
“The whole world seems to be captivated by Jennifer Lawrence,” Nate D. Sanders, founder of the auction house that bears his name, said in a statement. “We estimated that each of her wardrobe pieces would bring between $500 and $1,500, but what happened is that dozens of bidders from all over the world furiously bid against one another.”
The memorabilia dealer announced Friday that the Moda International black wool coat worn in the film was the highest-priced item, selling for $4,652 in the three-day online auction.
Among the other high-priced items was a pair of custom-tailored, stretchy white pants that Lawrence dons during the film’s climactic ballroom scene, which sold for $3,493, while a two-piece package including a teal Gap Body sports bra and a blue long-sleeved shirt by Threads 4 Thought brought in $3,175. A black tank top from Lawrence’s wardrobe — but not worn in the film – sold for $624. The Express tank, size small, retails for about $20.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Roe V. Wade