- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The planned theatrical release, described by producer Simon Fields as a “high energy documentary,” will combine 3D concert performances with 2D-lensed documentary content, which will be shot during Lopez’s world tour on stops in Europe, Asia and Australia. According to Fields, the documentary portion of the film will follow Lopez’s personal and professional life, including her reflections on her romantic happiness following her divorce from Marc Anthony.
3Ality Technica—the company whose 3D rigs were used to shoot features such as upcoming The Hobbit and concert films including U2 3D—will be handling the 3D production for the movie.
3Ality’s Ted Kenney will direct the 3D shoots. “We intend to capture the raw day to day life of Jennifer as a performer, a business woman, and a mother,” he told The Hollywood Reporter of the documentary.
Fields, Benny Medina and Lopez will executive produce through Medina and Lopez’s Nuyorican Productions.
Katy Perry and Justin Bieber are among the performers who have also been the subject of 3D concert films/documentaries.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day