- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony are ending their seven-year marriage.
“We have decided to end our marriage. This was a very difficult decision. We have come to an amicable conclusion on all matters,” the couple said in a statement issued to People and US Weekly.
“It is a painful time for all involved and we appreciate the respect of our privacy at this time,” the statement concluded.
The singers were married in 2004.
They have two children together, twins Max and Emme.
Professionally, Lopez and Anthony are producers of the Latin American talent competition, Q’Viva (The Chosen). In June, Lopez declared that the show “is probably going to be the biggest thing I’ve been involved with yet.” Said Anthony of the endeavor, which took the couple to 21 countries: “It is with great pride that we embark on this amazing and very personal mission… We’re looking forward to experiencing history in the making.”
Lopez served as a judge on the most recent season of American Idol. She is credited with helping stabilize the show’s ratings, which had dropped dramatically during season 9. Viewership for the season 10 finale in May, Lopez’s first as a judge, was up 21% from the previous year.
In June, she told BBC Radio that she was “on the fence” about returning to Fox’s competition series for a second season. To date, Lopez has not confirmed her participation in season 11.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day