- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Superstar Jennifer Lopez took the stage at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards to premiere her new Spanish-language song, “Mírate.”
The powerful ballad was accompanied by a full orchestra and was followed with a standing ovation from the audience, which included the proud Marc Anthony, who is producing her forthcoming album.
Ahead of JLo’s performance, the likes of Sofia Vergara, Lin-Manuel Miranda and J Balvin appeared in a star-studded video to congratulate the singer on her Star Award.
“It makes me very excited to share this special night with artists that I admire,” an emotional JLo said in her speech as she was awarded Telemundo’s special accolade.
“My family in music and in my life. To come back to my roots has a significance that goes beyond words. Moments like these are proof of hard work and we are lucky if life blesses us in this way. I love you so much. I feel blessed to be part of this creative world and to be able to represent our Latin community. I feel at home. I am humbled to be here in your presence and accept this award.”
For more coverage on the Billboard Latin Music Awards go to PremiosBillboard.com.
This article originally appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day