- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The singer-actress on Tuesday afternoon revealed the news live on MTV, followed by a Facebook interview with Sway Calloway.
Lopez, who will also perform during the awards show and is up for two honors for her single “Dinero,” joins past Video Vanguard Award recipients Michael Jackson, Madonna, Guns N’ Roses, Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake, Beyonce, Kanye West, Rihanna and Pink.
Lopez has sold 80 million records worldwide while continuing a successful TV and film career, becoming the first woman to have a No. 1 film and album in the same week with 2001’s The Wedding Planner and J.Lo.
Lopez currently stars on and executive produces NBC’s Shades of Blue. She next will be seen on the big screen in STX’s upcoming comedy Second Act, which also stars Leah Remini, Milo Ventimiglia and Vanessa Hudgens and is set to hit theaters Nov. 21.
The 2018 MTV VMAs are set to air live from New York’s Radio City Music Hall (a record 12th time from that venue) on Monday, Aug. 20, at 9 p.m. ET (tape delayed PT).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day