- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Late Late Show host James Corden previewed his “Carpool Karaoke” primetime special with a musical number and a Jennifer Lopez appearance.
“I went to my network boss and said screw it. My boss was like, ‘How about a special? You want to do it?’ ” raps Corden in a new promo video to the sounds of Macklemore & Lewis’ “Downtown.”
Corden doesn’t hold back in the number celebrating his upcoming primetime appearance. He raps, “Viewers will watch it. Critics will judge it” and that the show will be “way over budget.” Lopez is later shown riding shotgun as Corden continues, “I’ll make your TV shine brighter than a halo. All leading up to a carpool with J.Lo.”
“Carpool Karaoke” has become a viral hit, with celebrity appearances including Justin Bieber, Mariah Carey and One Direction bringing more than 800 million views to the Late Late Show‘s YouTube account. Late Late Show producers are already exploring a spinoff series based on the segment.
The Late Late Show Carpool Karaoke Primetime Special airs Tuesday at 10 p.m. ET on CBS. Watch the promo video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day