- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A couple weeks ago, Jennifer Lopez showed off a major gift she’d received from Rihanna: the Barbadian singer’s belted, thigh-high denim boots she created as part of her collaboration with Manolo Blahnik. At $4,350, the chaplike stilettos, named “9-to-5,” are no bargain, although they already have sold out — and crashed the designer’s website in the process.
In the accompanying note, RiRi called J.Lo “the baddest” — a high compliment. Now, in her just-debuted video for the song “Ain’t Your Mama,” Lopez has returned the love by featuring the showstopping boots prominently in her big dance scene.
The video sees Lopez playing a slew of different female characters — the song is a call for men to stop acting like such babies — but in the end, when she’s herself, she dons the boots over a white jumpsuit. Rihanna also told her, “I know you’re gonna wear them better than me!!!” We have to admit, Lopez seriously pulls them off. Maybe Rihanna had her in mind while designing the epic boots.
Watch the 9-to-5 boots in action below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day