- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After 28 years as the host of Jeopardy!, Alex Trebek is contemplating a question whose answer he doesn’t know – for sure, anyway.
Speaking to Fox News host Chris Wallace on Sunday evening, Trebek couldn’t answer definitively whether he would be retiring before he reaches a 30-year milestone as host of the popular game show. “Yes, I have been thinking about retiring,” the 71-year-old said in an interview. “I’m torn because I enjoy doing the show so much.”
Trebek revealed to Wallace that confidants and friends have suggested he stick it out two more years, when he’ll have spent 30 years hosting the show. “A lot of people have been telling me: ‘Alex, you’ve got to go for at least 30. At least do two more,’ ” he said. “So that has a nice ring to it: Put in your 30, and go help people.”
Despite the effortlessness with which he still dispenses answers to the show’s questions, Trebek insisted that he’s not as sharp as he used to be. “A good 30-year-old would clean my clock,” he said.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day