- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“With his quiet and explosive intensity, Jeremy Renner has been entertaining audiences for a long time. However, it was his incredible performance in the Academy Award-winning The Hurt Locker that truly catapulted him into the public eye as one of our most talented and gifted actors today,” CinemaCon general manager Mitch Neuhauser said.
CinemaCon runs April 23-26 at Caesars Palace.
Renner, who will receive the award at the final night gala on April 26, stars in two high-profile summer films — Disney and Marvel’s The Avengers (May 4) and Universal’s The Bourne Legacy (Aug. 3).
Renner plays the lead role in Bourne, replacing Matt Damon, although he plays a different character. He’ll be joined by fellow franchise newcomers Rachel Weisz and Edward Norton. Tony Gilroy, who wrote the first three Bourne films, is directing this time.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day