- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino and his brother Marc were charged in a seven-count indictment released Wednesday by the U.S. attorney’s office.
They’re alleged to have failed to pay required taxes on nearly $9 million earned between 2010 and 2012, mainly through two businesses they owned between. The counts range from conspiracy to defraud the United States, which carries a five-year maximum prison sentence, to false filing and failure to file.
The brothers appeared in court Wednesday in Newark and are each free on $250,000 bail. They’re next scheduled for an arraignment on Oct. 6.
When asked after the brief hearing if he was innocent, Mike Sorrentino replied, “Of course.”
See more 6 Best Fights on ‘Jersey Shore’
The cast of the MTV reality show were known for their rowdy lifestyle. In July, Mike Sorrentino agreed to take anger management classes to resolve assault charges stemming from a fight with his brother at their family’s tanning salon.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day