- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In new PSAs, they all warn against gay bullying, which has claimed multiple young lives in the recent year.
Also appearing in the spots (watch below): LGBT advocate and Dancing With the Stars competitor Chaz Bono, Tori Spelling and husband Dean McDermott, Milk director and screenwriter Dustin Lance Black, Parks and Recreation‘s Amy Poehler and Rashida Jones, Ariel Winter of Modern Family and Extra‘s Mario Lopez.
GLAAD also announced plans for “Spirit Day,” on Oct. 20, in which corporations will adopt purple logos and people will wear purple to stand against LGBT bullying. MTV will turn its on-air logo purple, and AT&T, Comcast, Facebook and Yahoo! will also be involved. Personalities on CNBC, E! and MSNBC will wear purple, as will Bravo’s Andy Cohen, MTV’s Steve-O and Top Chef‘s Padma Laksmi.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day