- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jersey Shore‘s Snooki appears to be edging into Anderson Cooper territory with the debut of The News According to Snooki, a short on Cambio, AOL’s teen-themed website that is attempting to pattern itself after MTV. Cooper shouldn’t lose much sleep.
The reality star, whose real name is Nicole Polizzi, belches and babbles her way through the headlines of the day in the almost three minute news roundup. Along the way, she reports and pontificates on such stories as the Hurricane Irene aftermath (“I really hope that everybody on the east coast is okay and that they’re safe and if their homes are flooded, that sucks and I’m sorry because my high school is actually flooded”) and Beyonce‘s pregnancy (“I really think she’s going to have a really cute baby. Tan, obviously”).
The website is the result of a partnership between AOL, brand strategy company MGX Lab and the Jonas Group, which represents tween stars such as the Jonas Brothers and Demi Lovato.
The short was released as part of Cambio Connect, the sites’s daily entertainment series. No word if Snooki’s gig behind the anchor desk will be a regular one or not.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day