- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jesse Eisenberg is to voice a mobile gameplay character tied to Fox’s 3D Rio toon franchise.
Eisenberg will reprise his role as Blu, a blue macaw taken by smugglers from his jungle homeland, in Rio: Match-3 Party for Fox Interactive and Israeli mobile game publisher Plarium. His role is based on a character from the 2011 and 2014 Rio movie series from 20th Century Fox.
In Rio: Match-3 Party, for Android and iOS devices, players get to explore the jungles of the Amazon and the streets of Rio de Janeiro as they help Blu and the rest of the Rio gang throw parties, including on Copacabana Beach.
The mobile game includes solving puzzles, collecting medals and unlocking new party locations and prizes.
“With accessible, yet challenging gameplay, detailed 3D character animations, lush environments and fully-voiced interactive dialogue, we feel that we’ve set a new gold standard for the genre,” said Gabi Shalel, CMO of Plarium, in a statement.
The popular Angry Birds Rio mobile game was developed as a tie-in to Fox’s original 3D toon Rio.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day