- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jessica Chastain‘s show-stopping ‘do gave us a serious case of whiplash at the Critics’ Choice Awards. Stepping onstage to accept the first MVP award, Chastain’s architectural braid deserved a trophy of its own. Renato Campora, the man behind the A Most Violent Year starlet’s mane, shared his how-to for re-creating the pulled-back, layered locks.
Inspired by Chastain’s gown, Campora set to work creating a style that would showcase the high neckline. Applying Kerastase Mousse Volumactive to Chastain’s wet hair, Campora blow-dried her locks using a large round brush, to a smooth and shiny effect.
“I separated the hair and pulled the top section into a rubber band. I wrapped some of the hair around the band,” he says. “At this point, half of the hair was up and half was down. Then I took about an inch section of hair from below each ear and brought them together. I used a very small rubber band to hold this in place.” Next, he fashioned a simple but oh-so-elegant loose braid, securing it with another rubber band and setting it with Wella Finishing Hairspray.
“The final look was magnificent,” Campora told Pret-a-Reporter. “Jessica felt so beautiful and was also happy to wear a hairstyle we had never done before. This was a completely different look for her.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day