- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Director Simon Kinberg’s female-fronted spy film 355 is set to hit theaters Jan. 15, 2021, Universal announced Tuesday.
The studio acquired U.S. rights to the high-profile project out of the 2018 Cannes Film Festival.
Jessica Chastain, Penelope Cruz, Fan Bingbing, Diane Kruger and Lupita Nyong’o star in the James Bond-esque spy pic. (Marion Cotillard was originally set to star, but left the project citing personal reasons. She was replaced by Kruger).
355 is a passion project for Chastain, who has been one of the most vocal actresses on gender-equity issues. In addition to starring, she is producing through her Freckle Films banner. Freckle’s Kelly Carmichael and Kinberg also are producing.
The film is being executive produced by Richard Hewitt (Bohemian Rhapsody).
The plot is said to revolve around five spies from agencies around the world who form their own team, dubbed 355. Theresa Rebeck (Catwoman) penned the screenplay.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day