- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Not only did Jessica Chastain win praise Thursday night for her work in four films last year, snagging the MVP award at the Critics’ Choice Movie Awards, but she earned major props for her beauty game. We couldn’t take our eyes off her chic loose braid or the pop of magenta on her perfect pout.
For the latter, Chastain’s makeup artist employed YSL Rouge Pur Couture in #19 Fuchsia. “I used this color because it’s bright, clean and dramatic,” says Kristofer Buckle. If you thought the actress’ face looked a bit different than it does typically, that’s because he “gave Jessica stronger, ’80s-inspired brows and kept her eyes softer so the brighter mouth added the drama of color against her white gown with blue-stone embellishments.”
While not all critics loved said Antonio Berardi number, there’s no question her pink pout is a 10. As for Buckle’s references, “The 1980s artist Patrick Nagel’s lithographs were my inspiration for this look,” he says. Nailed it.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day