- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Following Academy Award-winner Jennifer Hudson’s dramatic weight loss via Weight Watchers, the company has enlisted another singer-turned-actress to represent the brand.
Less than one month after giving birth to her first child, Jessica Simpson has signed on as the latest face of the weight management company. The 31-year-old fashion entrepreneur announced the news via Twitter.
“So excited to be a part of the @WeightWatchers family!” Simpson wrote on Thursday. News of the deal was included in Simpson’s People Magazine cover story, which published the first official photos of her new baby, Maxwell.
Simpson, whose weight has famously fluctuated for years, will focus on shedding the weight from her pregnancy and adopting what Weight Watchers calls a “strong focus on healthy eating, behavioral change, activity and support.”
A spokesperson for Weight Watchers would not confirm how much Simpson’s endorsement is worth, but says they have been in talks with her since before the pregnancy. ABC News reports that Simpson was paid $3 million dollars.
“We’re thrilled that Jessica Simpson has chosen to join Weight Watchers to adopt a healthier lifestyle and inspire others to do the same,” the company said in a statement.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day