- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The movie is currently shooting in Covington, Kentucky, with Joe Berlinger (Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory) in the director’s seat.
Vile chronicles the life of the infamous serial killer, focusing on how a routine traffic stop eventually led to the revelation of Bundy’s horrific crimes. Michael Werwie wrote the script.
Parsons will portray Larry Simpson, the lead prosecutor in 1979 Miami trial that finally convicted Bundy.
Producing are Michael Costigan, Michael Simkin, Ara Keshishian and Nicolas Chartier.
The four-time Emmy-winning actor is now toplining Big Bang Theory’s 12th season and squeezes in prestige indie work between seasons. His last big-screen appearance was in the Oscar-winning drama Hidden Figures, and he is coming off the Sundance Film Festival premiere of A Kid Like Jake, an indie he produced and starred in opposite Claire Danes.
Parsons, who will also soon star in a Broadway revival of The Boys in the Band, is repped by CAA, Principal Entertainment and Gang Tyre.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day