- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Golden retrievers took over The Tonight Show on Wednesday.
Jimmy Fallon brought out nine puppies to predict the 2016 NCAA championship. The puppies raced out to choose between four bowls of food representing the Final Four contenders: the South Carolina Gamecocks, the Gonzaga Bulldogs, the Oregon Ducks and the North Carolina Tar Heels.
Oregon was quickly declared the winner by Fallon, who has used the puppies for predictions ahead of championship games in the past.
The puppies were back for a game of “pup quiz” with Katie Holmes and Andrew Rannells. The two actors were asked animal trivia questions. If answered correctly, a puppy was handed over to snuggle. If guessed incorrectly, the opponent was gifted a puppy.
“It’s like puppy Jenga!” exclaimed Rannells. The puppies piled up on both Rannells and Holmes until it was time for “Final Puppardy.”
Holmes looked less thrilled at the puppy situation than Rannells did, although she kept her puppies much calmer and quieter. A winner was declared in the final round — although the math really should have made the results a tie. Watch below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day