- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jimmy Kimmel has declared Tuesday to be a “Trump-free” show.
During Jimmy Kimmel Live!, the late-night host explained “this is a special night,” because he had decided not to address the president or his recent speech at all.
“The president spoke tonight before a joint session of Congress and we’re going to ignore it for a very good reason, and the reason is I need a break from it, to be honest with you,” he said to loud cheers from the audience.
“Tonight, if anyone says the name of the orange-colored man with the Russian boyfriend, they will have to put $100 in that jar that Guillermo’s holding,” pointing to a clear jar with a blonde wig on top.
Kimmel also debuted a new segment entitled “What Do You Have To Plug?” in which the host gave audience members a chance to speak. After talking with two fans, Kimmel came to a third gentleman, who just so happened to be Chris Pratt. The actor shared a new trailer for his upcoming film Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day