- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The ABC late-night show’s ad, which is featured in this week’s edition of The Hollywood Reporter magazine, resembles recent promotional materials for Last Week Tonight, with Kimmel sporting the same hairstyle and glasses as Oliver as he peers in from the right side of the image.
“Jimmy Kimmel Live For Your Accidental Consideration,” reads the ad, along with text that explains the show airs on weeknights at 11:35 pm ET.
Last Week Tonight was first nominated in the outstanding variety talk series category at the 67th Primetime Emmy Awards in 2015, but the award that year went to The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. The HBO series took home the outstanding variety talk series award for the first time in 2016 and won again in 2017 and 2018.
Jimmy Kimmel Live earned its first Emmy nomination in 2012 and has been nominated for outstanding variety series every year since 2013, though the ABC show has never won the award.
The ABC and HBO shows previously competed against The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, Full Frontal with Samantha Bee, The Late Late Show with James Corden and The Late Show with Stephen Colbert during the 2018 Emmy Awards.
Take a look at the ad below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day