- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
In the middle of the show, the Academy Awards host joked that he was worried as Trump hadn’t tweeted yet, not even a mention of “overrated” Meryl Streep. So he decided to tweet at Trump to make sure he was paying attention.
He tweeted: “Hey, u up?” and “#Merylsayshi.”
Twitter revealed on Sunday that it became his most retweeted post ever — in under 15 minutes. The tweet has over 200,000 retweets.
— Twitter Data (@TwitterData) February 27, 2017
The Jimmy Kimmel Live! host didn’t take long to make fun of Trump during his hosting gig on Sunday.
“I want to say thank you to President Trump. Remember last year when it seemed like the Oscars were racist? That’s gone, thanks to him,” said Kimmel in his monologue. Later in the night, he even pretended to kick out certain news outlets for being “fake news.”
Trump is allegedly not going to pay attention to the Oscars as he will be attending the Governors Ball, White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer said previously.
— Hollywood Reporter (@THR) February 27, 2017
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day