- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Frank Potenza, Jimmy Kimmel‘s uncle and security guard on the late night program, died Tuesday. He was 77.
Potenza served as comic relief on the show and was related to Kimmel through marriage (he was married to Kimmel’s Aunt Conchetta “Chippy” for 28 years and is now divorced from her, according to Potenza’s Facebook page.)
Potenza, a Korean War veteran, was a New York City police officer for 20 years and a private security guard in Las Vegas for ten years.
He joined Jimmy Kimmel Live in 2003 and was often paired with parking lot security guard Guillermo Rodriguez for comic bits on the show.
Jimmy Kimmel Live! said in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter, “During his nine year run on-air, ‘Uncle Frank’ contributed many great moments to Jimmy Kimmel Live. He was beloved by his co-workers and considered an Uncle to all.
“Potenza is survived by his three daughters and newborn granddaughter Franki. His kindness and humor will be missed by everyone he touched.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day