- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
When it comes to effortless, sophisticated style, no one quite nails the aesthetic better than French fashion house Celine. In keeping up with its branding, the luxury label has tapped the legendary literary figure and cooler-than-cool Joan Didion for its latest campaign.
Photographed by Juergen Teller, the American author looks like a total badass with her gray bob and a pair of dark shades. Given Celine creative director Phoebe Philo‘s penchant for finding inspiration in the novelist — many have indicated that Celine’s resort campaign of Daria Werbowy was influenced by Didion’s portrait shot by Julian Wasser for Life magazine (see below) — we probably should have seen this coming. Nevertheless, we couldn’t think of a more perfect muse for Philo.
In case this campaign isn’t enough for you, there’s a new Didion documentary, We Tell Ourselves Stories in Order to Live, being directed by her nephew, Griffin Dunne, and Susanne Rostock. Lucky you.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day