- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Joe Biden has not declared a run for the presidency, despite what Washington Post readers may have seen.
The publication’s website published a story Monday entitled “Biden to Launch Presidential Campaign,” even though the current vice president has not yet said he is running.
“Vice President Biden plans to enter the contest for the 2016 presidential nomination, ending months of speculation about his intentions and delivering a jolt to an already unpredictable contest,” the story began.
The article was later taken down, replaced by a message that read, “This file was inadvertently published.”
Speculation continues to swirl around Biden potentially throwing his hat into the ring. Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders are currently dominating the polls for the Democratic nomination.
A Washington Post rep did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day