- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Democratic nominee Joe Biden has entered the bubbly world of Animal Crossing, Nintendo’s popular simulation video game.
The official Biden Island was shown via a Dream Code visit — which allows one to visit an island to take pictures and enjoy the scenery, but not interact with anything — in a stream on Friday hosted by Kinda Funny Games on its Twitch channel, with Greg Miller and Rogue One screenwriter Gary Whitta discussing what they look for in a promotional island.
“A lot of them strike me as a bit cynical and money grabbing, but this one is obviously a special case in the service of a very good cause,” said Whitta, who is the mind behind the Animal Talking YouTube series. A suited and aviator-wearing Biden was shown in the Twitch stream, declaring “No malarkey” to visitors, with a custom design portal positioned in the main square to design different outfits — including a Biden/Harris t-shirt.
Miller noted in the stream that Biden’s love of ice cream, trains and America as a whole, was incorporated into the island. “Team Jo” signs were prominently positioned, along with the option of viewing an array of Biden and Harris-themed merchandise.
View the stream on Twitch here.
— Greg Miller (@GameOverGreggy) October 16, 2020
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day