- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The story, an adaptation of the Jason Matthews’ espionage novel, follows a Russian intelligence officer (Lawrence) who is ordered against her will to become a “Sparrow,” a trained seductress, and to operate against a young CIA agent who handles the agency’s most important Russian mole.
The Hunger Games helmer Francis Lawrence is reuniting with Jennifer Lawrence for the Chernin Entertainment and Fox film. Steven Zaillian is producing, while Garrett Basch is executive producing.
Edgerton, who directed the 2014 thriller The Gift, stars opposite Ruth Negga in Jeff Nichols’ Loving, which follows the true story of interracial couple Richard and Mildred Loving, who were imprisoned in Virginia in 1958 for getting married. After debuting in Cannes, the Focus film will embark on the awards circuit, playing in Toronto and likely other festivals before opening Nov. 4.
The Australian actor’s upcoming projects include an Amazon and STX film that his brother, Nash Edgerton, is directing, and he also is attached to Netflix’s Bright, which also stars Will Smith. He is repped by CAA, Shanahan Management and Hirsch Wallerstein.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day