- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Edgerton, known for his roles in Loving, Black Mass and The Gift, was already a co-writer on The King with director David Michod and joins Chalamet, who was earlier announced to star as a young Henry V in the project.
The modern-day Shakespearean adaptation from producer Plan B Entertainment and Edgerton and Michod comes after the duo worked together on Animal Kingdom, which Michod wrote and directed. Brad Pitt, Dede Gardner, Jeremy Kleiner, Liz Watts, Edgerton and Michod share producer credits on The King.
Edgerton also co-starred with Will Smith in Bright, another movie for Netflix directed by Suicide Squad‘s David Ayer and set around the Los Angeles police department. A sequel to Bright is already in the works, with Smith, Edgerton and Ayer all expected to return.
Edgerton also starred opposite Charlize Theron in Gringo, Nash Edgerton’s biz-crime comedy. He is repped by CAA and Anonymous Content.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day