- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gay dating app Grindr hopes comedy fans will be gagging over its new comedy special.
Debuting today, Gag Reflex, the app’s first comedy event will stream live on YouTube as well as in-app to the millions of daily active users. The lineup features rising queer comedians Joel Kim Booster (Sunnyside), Sydnee Washington (Broad City), Jay Jurden (The Tonight Show) and notable NYC comedians Jaye McBride and Zach Zimmerman. Per the announcement, each set will feature “hilarious insights into modern dating and the queer experience.”
“Comedy is such an integral part of the queer experience and we couldn’t think of a better time to show off our brightest queer comedic talents,” explained Grindr’s Patrick Rogers. “After getting through a particularly difficult year for the community we’re so excited to share in some much-needed laughter.”
News of Gag Reflex comes on the heels of an announcement that Grindr would be mounting its first original scripted series titled Bridesman, set to debut this fall. Other offerings have included Pride Perseveres, a 30-day in-app content festival launched in June 2020.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day