- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The star currently is winning praise for his portrayal of musician Brian Wilson in Love & Mercy, River Road’s biopic about the Beach Boys frontman (Paul Dano co-stars as a younger version of the character). THR’s John DeFore called Cusack’s performance in the film, which premiered at the Toronto Film Festival in September and will be released June 5, “one of the best of his career.”
Cusack currently can be seen starring opposite Julianne Moore, Mia Wasikowska and Robert Pattinson in David Cronenberg’s dark Hollywood satire, Maps to the Stars. The film premiered at Cannes last year and is being released in the U.S. this week.
Cusack has been a familiar face on the big screen for three decades, breaking out as the iconic romantic Lloyd Dobler in Cameron Crowe’s 1989 teen classic Say Anything… Other memorable credits include The Grifters, Eight Men Out, Being John Malkovich, Grosse Pointe Blank, Hot Tub Time Machine, The Thin Red Line, Bullets Over Broadway and High Fidelity, for which he received a Golden Globe nomination.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day