- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
John David Washington is set to join Margot Robbie and Christian Bale in David O. Russell’s next feature effort.
The New Regency project, which is set up under Regency’s deal with Fox/Disney, will see Russell direct from his own script. Plot details are being kept under wraps on the movie, which will be Russell’s return to the director’s seat for the first time since 2015’s Joy, starring Jennifer Lawrence.
An April start of production was planned for the feature prior to the COVID-19 production shutdown. The movie is now eyeing a January start in Los Angeles. Russell is producing with Matthew Budman.
Washington is one of the few actors with a project currently in theaters, with Christopher Nolan’s Tenet. He will next be seen opposite Zendaya in drama Malcolm & Marie, which was filmed during the pandemic and picked up by Netflix.
He is repped by WME.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day