- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Actor John Heard, best known for his role as the father to Macaulay Culkin’s character in the 1990s Home Alone films, died Friday, the Santa Clara County, Calif., coroner’s office confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter. He was 71.
The cause of Heard’s death is still under investigation.
In addition to his role as Peter McCallister in Home Alone, Heard’s other acting credits include Big, The Pelican Brief, Miami Vice, Modern Family and many more. He earned an Emmy nomination for best guest star in a drama series in 1999 for his role as Det. Vin Makazian on HBO’s The Sopranos.
Recently, the actor appeared on WGN’s TV drama Outsiders and CBS’ MacGyver.
Heard began his acting career on the stage in the 1970s before making his leap to the big screen. His breakthrough role came in 1981, when he starred opposite Jeff Bridges in Cutter’s Way.
Heard was briefly married to Superman actress Margot Kidder and later had a child with actress Melissa Leo. He had two other children with second wife Sharon Heard.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day