- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON — John McKay‘s Not Another Happy Ending, co-starring Karen Gillan and Stanley Weber, will close this year’s Edinburgh International Film Festival on June 30, organizers said.
The film also stars Amy Manson, Iain de Caestecker, Kate Dickie, Freya Mavor, Gary Lewis and Henry Ian Cusick.
EIFF artistic director Chris Fujiwara said: “Speaking as somebody who, before coming to Scotland, knew Scotland partly through its portrayal in films, I’m really excited to find in Not Another Happy Ending a fresh, interesting, and almost idyllic take on the cultural vibrancy of Scottish city life.”
Directed by McKay (Crush), the rom-com is produced by Claire Mundell (Weekend) of Synchronicity Films, co-produced by Wendy Griffin (Wasted) and written by David Solomons (The Great Ghost Rescue).
It details the story of a struggling publisher who, when discovering his star author is blocked because she is too happy, sets out to put her back in black and falls in love in the process.
The EIFF kicks off June 19 in the Scottish capital which also this year sees the return of the audience award for films from its lineup.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day