- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Perhaps before giving the greenlight to his newest Last Week Tonight segment, John Oliver perused the sizeable number of tweets, reports, explainers and “In Defense of” articles about pumpkin flavoring, seen in pumpkin spice latte.
In a web-only clip, the HBO host shares his own theory about the ubiquitous seasonal flavor. It’s concise and entertaining.
“Pumpkin pie is the most seasonal food there is. It is only good from the moment Thanksgiving dinner ends until the moment just after you have taken your first bite of it,” he quips in his setup.
“Nobody wants anything pumpkin flavored from December to August,” Oliver later follows. “And here’s how I know that: You can have it whenever you want! That bottle of pumpkin-flavored science goo sits behind the counter of Starbucks all year round, never aging — like Ryan Seacrest or the early work of Dr. Dre., which really holds up.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Portia de Rossi