- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler and Joe Perry took to the stage halfway through the show and introduced a clip package showcasing Depp’s film career, including moments from Edward Scissorhands and Alice in Wonderland.
Instead of the usual acceptance speech, Depp strapped on his guitar and rocked out with Dan Auerbach and Patrick Carney.
“It’s like the ‘get out of the business award, you’ve done too much.’ Based on the clips, there’s obviously something wrong with me. I just thank you very much,” Depp said after performing “Gold on the Ceiling” with the band and after he joked that Tyler “spit out one of my teeth.”
“It’s an honor to be presented by these two legends Steven and Joe — and these up and coming legends, The Black Keys,” the Pirates of the Caribbean star added.
After the brief speech, Depp and the Black Keys performed a second song, “Lonely Boy,” that led straight into commercial break.
Watch Depp and the Black Keys’ two performances below, along with Depp’s speech:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day