- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
In a week overshadowed by Caitlyn Jenner’s Vanity Fair cover, another former cover star of the magazine is making news. Christian Dior announced Wednesday that Johnny Depp, who himself has covered VF several times, is set to be the newest face of its Christian Dior Parfums.
Read more Is Caitlyn Jenner the Next Face of MAC?
The French fashion house released a swarthy portrait of the Pirates of the Caribbean actor — and Amber Heard’s hubby — along with news that he’ll represent a new men’s fragrance composed by its legendary perfumer Francois Demachy.
Though he has done amazing work in front of the camera and is also known for his musical talents, Depp has yet to work with a fragrance brand, so this is a first for the icon. The scent is set to be released Sept 1, around the time his next film, Black Mass, is released — but perhaps even more exciting is the forthcoming worldwide campaign starring the dreamy actor.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day