- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Johnny Depp is making a cameo in London Fields, the long-gestating noir crime thriller based on Martin Amis‘ 1989 novel of the same name.
London Fields stars Depp’s reported girlfriend Amber Heard opposite Billy Bob Thornton and Jim Sturgess.
First-time feature director Mathew Cullen began shooting the crime thriller last month in London, where Depp arrived to shoot Rob Marshall‘s big-screen adaptation of Into the Woods and Lionsgate’s Mortdecai. Sources within the production say Depp has already shot his scenes for London Fields.
Amis adapted the screenplay with Roberta Hanley. Set in a bleak 1999 London, the story revolves around a promiscuous psychic (Heard) who meets her fate as foretold by her visions by going to a seedy London pub.
Foreign sales agent IM Global has come aboard to shop the Muse Productions project to foreign buyers, who are sure to be enticed by the cast and Depp’s cameo. Sales could commence at the upcoming American Film Market in Santa Monica, which gets underway Nov. 6.
Muse is producing with Demarest Films, Hero Entertainment and Media Talent Group’s Geyer Kosinski.
A commercials and music video director, Cullen founded the creative studio Mirada with Guillermo del Toro.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day