- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Johnny Depp has broken his silence on his separation from his wife, actress Amber Heard.
Three days following the news that 30-year-old Heard filed for divorce from her actor husband, the Alice Through the Looking Glass star is setting the record straight on the breakup.
“Given the brevity of this marriage and the most recent and tragic loss of his mother, Johnny will not respond to any of the salacious false stories, gossip, misinformation and lies about his personal life,” Depp’s representative said in a statement on Thursday to The Hollywood Reporter. “Hopefully the dissolution of this short marriage will be resolved quickly.”
On Wednesday, Depp filed a response to Heard’s Monday filing, asking a court to determine that he should not have to pay spousal support to his estranged wife of 15 months. He also requested that she pay her own attorney fees.
The couple, who wed in February 2015, cited irreconcilable differences for their split and have no children together.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day