- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Hollywood Reporter confirms that the Lone Ranger actor will star in Anderson’s next movie, which the filmmaker wrote and will direct and is being produced and financed by Indian Paintbrush. No details regarding the film’s plot or Depp’s character have been revealed, but the project is said to be titled The Grand Budapest Hotel and will mark Texas-born Anderson’s first time shooting in Europe.
Fans at Comic-Con were wowed last weekend during the Disney Panel, where footage of Depp in The Lone Ranger was screened for a packed Hall H. As for Anderson, his Moonrise Kingdom premiered to rave reviews at Cannes in May and has grossed an impressive $44.7 million at the worldwide box office since its June release.
While Depp is the first to sign on for Budapest, Anderson is said to be courting Bill Murray, Owen Wilson, Edward Norton, Jude Law, Jeff Goldblum, Adrien Brody, Willem Dafoe and Angela Lansbury for the film. The writer-director’s credits also include Fantastic Mr. Fox, The Royal Tenenbaums and Rushmore.
Depp’s recent films include Dark Shadows, The Rum Diary and Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day