- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
Johnny Depp is at his gritty-sexy finest in the new Dior Sauvage fragrance ad, which finally debuted this week along with the actual scent — a heady masculine mix of bergamot, pink pepper and patchouli that’s been double distilled.
Read more Kylie Jenner Dyes Her Hair “Ashy Dirty Blonde” For Fall
In the director’s cut of the spot, there’s an electric guitar (which he at one point tosses to the side in typical rockstar fashion), a hot vintage car, a drive into the desert, a buffalo and a coyote and, of course, a heavy dose of guyliner. What more could we want or expect from Depp, the ultimate rebel movie star?
The film was directed by Jean-Baptiste Mondino for Dior, and is meant to show Depp getting in touch with his inner animal, being one with nature and freeing himself from his chains — literally. Toward the end of the film, he gets out a shovel, digs a hole in the sand and drops all his covetable jewelry — necklaces, bracelets, rings— inside. In a voiceover, Depp says he’s looking for something: “I can’t see. I can feel it. It’s magic. Sauvage.” Sold.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day