- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Disneyland visitors got an extra sprinkle of magical fairy dust during their visit to the Southern California amusement park.
In advance of the May 27 nationwide release of Alice Through the Looking Glass, star Johnny Depp surprised Anaheim parkgoers while dressed in his Mad Hatter costume, complete with blue eyeshadow, curly red wig and orange hat.
While looking at what appeared to be digitized mirrors of Depp’s face, patrons throughout the Disney resort watched in amazement as he live-streamed on the billboards in character, both speaking and waving to gathering onlookers in real-time from a nearby studio space.
“Hi! May I fit you for a hat?” Depp is seen asking a young girl. “You have a wonderful cranium. Someone pick her up!” he continues as the young girl is raised close to Depp’s face on the screen.
The Linda Woolverton-written film, helmed by James Bobin, stars an array of A-list actors, including Anne Hathaway, Mia Wasikowska, Matt Lucas, Rhys Ifans, Helena Bonham Carter and Sacha Baron Cohen.
Watch the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day