- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Johnny Knoxville is building himself an Action Park, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The actor is set to star in the comedy from Dickhouse Pictures and Paramount. Knoxville, Billy Gerber and Derek Freda are producing. Production is set begin in March in South Africa.
Action Park imagines what would happen if Knoxville and his cohorts irresponsibly designed and operated their own theme park. Tim Kirkby will direct from a script by Knoxville, John Altshuler and Dave Krinsky.
Knoxville’s Dickhouse previously collaborated with Paramount on the Jackass films — most recently, 2013’s Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa, which cost $15 million and grossed $152 million worldwide.
Knoxville is repped by CAA and 3 Arts.
Feb. 1, 7:30 a.m. A previous version of this article incorrectly noted Knoxville’s production company. THR regrets the error.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
State of the Union