- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Paramount and MTV Films revealed Wednesday that they have completed shooting on Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa, based on the Johnny Knoxville character appearing in the Jackass movies.
The studio will open the film Oct. 25, a date previously reserved for Paramount’s Paranormal Activity spinoff, which will now hit theaters Jan. 3.
Jackass: Bad Grandpa revolves around old man Irving Zisman, who shocks people with his wildly inappropriate behavior. Knoxville once again plays the character.
Studio insiders say they want to stake out the January corridor for the new Paranormal Activity series, noting the January 2012 success of its horror pic The Devil Inside. The Paranormal spinoff reportedly will be Latino-themed.
With the switch-up, this Halloween marks the first time in four years that there will be no Paranormal Activity film.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day