- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Johnny Lewis, the Sons of Anarchy actor found dead after allegedly killing his 81-year-old landlady, was active in the Church of Scientology and its drug rehabilitation and prevention program, Narconon, according to reports.
TMZ posted a photo on Friday showing Lewis shaking hands at smiling for the camera at a Narconon event in Orange County, Calif., in 2004. A post on Scientology’s website, now pulled down, relayed the story of how that Lewis’ mother had helped him get clean using the program, according to the entertainment news site.
TMZ also reported that Lewis had not been involved with Scientology for the past few years. His father, actor Michael Lewis, had risen through the ranks of the church and co-penned a film with founder L. Ron Hubbard about the practice of Dianetics, created by Hubbard, which involves the process of auditing.
Lewis, 28, was discovered on Wednesday in the driveway of a Los Feliz, Calif., home that contained the body of his battered landlady, Catherine Davis. The actor — who had a history of arrests for violent crimes — has been implicated in her death, and investigators believe he fell from the roof of the home while under the influence of drugs.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day