- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A young man who frightened moviegoers at a Florida theater by dressing as the Joker said he hadn’t heard about the tragic shootings in Aurora, Colo., that claimed 12 lives and injured 58 others in July.
Christopher Alex Sides, 21,bought a ticket to The Expendables 2 at the Premiere Theater in Melbourne, Fla., on Wednesday, where he was reported to police by a moviegoer concerned by his appearance. Sides wore makeup, boots and a leather jacket, the New York Daily News reports.
His hair was also dyed a shade similar to that of shooting suspect James Holmes, who allegedly opened fire at a midnight screening of The Dark Knight Rises.
Sides cooperated with police who arrived and questioned the man. He was carrying no weapons, but was arrested for failing to appear in court on a previous, unrelated charge.
“My understanding it was a misdemeanor drug paraphernalia charge,” said Melbourne Police Department Spokesman Sheridan Shelley. The official also said, “This is the first time that I’m aware of this sort of thing happening in Melbourne.”
Last month, an armed man was arrested in Ohio at a screening of The Dark Knight Rises. Scott A. Smith was found carrying a loaded gun, extra rounds and multiple knives, which his lawyer said were for his own protection.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day