- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
IFC Films has nabbed the domestic rights to thriller Sweet Virginia.
Jon Bernthal and Christopher Abbott lead a cast that includes Imogen Poots, Odessa Young and Rosemarie DeWitt. Jamie M. Dagg directed the pic from a Black List script by Ben and Paul China.
The feature, which made its world premiere last month at the Tribeca Film Festival, follows a motel owner with a dark past (Bernthal) who unknowingly establishes a rapport with a young hitman (Abbott) responsible for a spate of violence that has suddenly gripped a small town.
Automatik’s Brian Kavanaugh-Jones and Oddfellows‘ Chris Ferguson produced Sweet Virginia with Fernando Loureiro and Roberto Vasconcellos of Exhibit (Little Hours), who also financed the film. Rian Cahill and Jesse Savath served as executive producers. Nate Bolotin and Aram Tertzakian also exec produced for XYZ Films, which is handling international rights to the pic and has plans to screen it for buyers at Cannes later this month.
WME Global negotiated the deal on behalf of the filmmakers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day